CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Vonnegut and Technology

"Bill Gates says, “Wait till you can see what your computer can become.” But it’s you who should be doing the becoming. What you can become is the miracle you were born to work—not the damn fool computer.”"

I agree with him even though I love my my computer. Until now, I thought it was computer and other machines which modernized this world. But sometime I wonder what will happen in the future if this pattern continue. If you watch some movies about robots in the future they are smarter than us and do every thing as we say. But I think this is wrong. As Kurt Vonnegut said it's us who should be doing the becoming, not the technology. In the story 'Harrison Bergeron' in the year 2081 every people have little mental handicap radio in their ear or they are too stupid enough to not recognize their own son. It was their damn technology which made them stupid monkeys who can't even recognize their own son. These technology sometimes also make me stupid monkey. I sometimes I think what if this computer do my all homeworks. In another Vonnegut's story 'The Euphio Question' These stupid people put the signal that make people happy on the radio to earn lot of money. They think those sound make people happy but actually these sound make people old, not only physically but also mentally. Now they become the creature who can't breath even a minute without those sound. Today, technology make many peoples' life easier but in other side they make people fat and they are dehumanizing us!

0 comments: