CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 22, 2009

technology?

In my word, technology is an idea that has something to do with creation that modern people like to follow which help them in lot of ways. This idea is mostly use in electronic way and sometime it can be harmful to human. But technology is not only relate to electronic stuff but i think it also relates to other topic such as art, sports, etc.

5 most and 5 least important technologies used today-

5 most
- Computer
- Mobile phone
- Camera
- Refrigerator
- Microwaves

5 least
- Radio
- Old version of disk drive
- Automobile
- I pod
- TV

I think the amount of technology we use in AES is not that many because during the lunch time there are more people who spend their time at the rock or play sports than spend their time in computer lab. Also when people use computer, most of their reason is to do their homework or to print out something. But the situation will be different once people leave the school; when they leave school, first thing they do is to look up their mobile phone or listen music with their i pod. It not that people are not using enough technology in school but school doesn't allow students to use thier technology much as outside of school.

1 comments:

Yusuke said...

Sang Won.... I wonder why you chose iPod for the one of the least type of technology you use. Don't you listen to music? Also, I wonder why you chose camera as one of the most important technology. I am curious to know your reasoning for it.

I agree with many parts of your list. Especially the 5 most. Computer, mobile phone, is already become our technology that we can't live with out it. Computer is used in school, during most of the classes, and mobile phone allowed us to communicate with people who lives far away from you. Refrigerator, is also another important machine that is significant in our daily life. For us, especially. We live in India. So I think your list was well made, and agreeable as well.

Same with the 5 least list, all are written well, that everyone could agree. (except for the iPod.) Radio, disk drive; we don't use those these days. Also, TV isn't as important, because we don't have time to watch those shows.

However, I disagree with you with only 1 part. I think AES uses plenty of technologies here, if i compared to other places. My old school, didn't even have a computer, or air conditioner. And of coarse nothing like smart boards. Look how much AES uses technologies, and how much they spent money on it. I think you would notice something.
It is still true that many people spent their lunch time out doors playing sports or chatting with friends. But what if everyone was spending their time using computers during lunch time? Whole day?

I think it would freak me out. So I think the amount technology AES uses, is a pretty good amount.