CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 9, 2009

Great Powers Game Debrief

In the great power game, my country was Germany. At the begging of the game, I was excited about that I would build this empire by myself. But this wasn’t just easy as I thought. Because there were more than 8 countries and it was hard to make them to our side. Also some of the countries had the advantage to being success because they had enough industries, armies or navies at the begging of the game. If you have more industries or armies, you can attack small countries or spend some money on buying more industries rather then watch other countries developed. Fortunately Germany was a well developed country that already had some army to compare other countries. In the long run it was more important to buy more industries and colonies rather than armies and navies, because war didn’t appear very much and we shouldn’t had bought armies until 1905, I should had bought more industries so I can buy more armies in certain year when there is many wars. Being friend with other countries was very helpful to reach the goal, but draw up a document about an alliance wasn’t helpful because they could had break their promise and gone against you. My country had betrayed our alliances many times but it was one of our strategies, and it was very successful. From this game I notice in this kind of situation, I can not believe any one but myself, I learned industries, colonies are first to buy than armies and finally alliances are not trustful.

0 comments: